Wednesday, December 6, 2006

SOUTHERN BAPTIST CONVENTION: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE REFORMATION?

by Rev. Ken Silva

Good Ol’ Boy Apostates And Liberals
Now before you get out the tars and feathers and the stack up the green word, I used the Holman Christian Standard Bible on...*ahem*, purpose because it was done by the SBC. I figured maybe then they’d pay attention, though I still happen to doubt they will. Recently I became aware of some serious problems with Emergent and heretical Contemplative Spirituality penetrating deeply into the ranks of the Southern Baptist Convention. I’ve been an SBC pastor since 1994 when I planted a mission church. At first I was involved with local and state ministerial associations etc. until it appeared to be too much of a “good ol’ boy” network for my tastes.